At Nvestly, we are excited to be a part of the revolutionary technology-driven changes taking place in the global financial industry. We operate at the intersection of finance, technology and design. If you are just as excited about the changing investment landscape as we are, please take a look at the current career opportunities at Nvestly below.
Senior Software Engineer
You will be responsible for architecting and developing software for Nvestly’s social investment platform, investment analytics and data analysis. Ideal candidates will enjoy designing and implementing systems that scale seamlessly to support our growing user base.
You will work as a core member of our team and will develop high-priority features that impact a growing user base. You will be challenged to think outside of the box by collaborating with a world-class team of investment managers, designers, engineers and technologists. It’s important to us that everyone at Nvestly shares our intensity, intellectual curiosity and passion for empowering people to become better investors.
What You Will Do at Nvestly
- Architect, develop and release new features and services
- Design and develop a APIs to support mobile, desktop and tablet web and native apps
- Solve challenging client performance and scaling issues
- Make quick, continual improvements to support user engagement
- Prioritize a wide variety of work tasks with your teammates
What We Expect
- Fluent in multiple programming languages
- Comfortable with front-end and back-end development
- Strong understanding of system design and data structures
- Comfortable processing and analyzing very large data sets
- Familiarity with Agile and Kanban development
- Great communications skills and passion for learning
- Ability and desire to be part of a world class team focused on achieving amazing user experience
- Background in computer science, engineering, math or statistics preferred
- Familiarity with investments and financial markets not required, but a plus
- High proficiency in C# and ASP.NET MVC
- Strong set of front-end skills including AngularJS or ReactJS
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL - SQL Server experience is a plus
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with Python and MongoDB is a plus
To be considered for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know why you are interested in working at Nvestly and tell us about something you’ve done that you’re most proud of. Please include your LinkedIn, Github, résumé and/or any prior projects.
We are seeking a community manager to grow and support the Nvestly community and help with investor relations. As a community manager you will play a central role in how users connect with each other and engage with the Nvestly platform. You will also have a unique opportunity to support our investor relations team and interact directly with our senior execs.
The ideal candidate will have deep interest in the financial markets, possibly trade their own account and be conversant in crowdfunding. Knowledge of vaping and cannabis industry is a plus. We are located in Los Angeles, but you may work remotely – so location isn’t important.
We are seeking self directed experts that can help us grow the social media aspects of our companies and also help grow the user base at Nvestly.com – through curated and created content.
- Interact with traders and investors to drive conversations on and outside of Nvestly – be the users' advocate
- Grow communities with other investors, influencers, bloggers and within social media channels like Twitter
- Stay on top of latest investing and trading trends
- Assist senior executives with investor relations
- Manage and coordinate social media strategy
- Excellent communicator
- Fluent in social media including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other platforms
- Quick learner and self-sufficient
- Entrepreneurial spirit, quick to adapt
- Prior experience with financial markets or investment-related field not required but a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills
- 4-year degree from an accredited university
This is a part-time opportunity with competitive pay and ability to work remotely. To be considered for this position, please email email@example.com. Let us know why you are interested in working at Nvestly and tell us about something you’ve done that you’re most proud of. Please include your LinkedIn and résumé (cover letter optional).